Horror movie survival guide
- When it appears that you have killed the monster, never check
to see if it's really dead.
- If you find that your house is built upon or near a cemetery, that
was once a church that was used for black masses, had previous
inhabitants who went mad or committed suicide or died in some
horrible fashion, or had inhabitants who performed necrophilia
or satanic practices, move away immediately.
- Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even as a joke.
- Do not search the basement, especially if the power has just
- If your children speak to you in Latin or any other language
which they should not know, or if they speak to you using a voice
which is other than their own, shoot them immediately. It will
save you a lot of grief in the long run. NOTE: It will probably
take several rounds to kill them, so be prepared.
- When you have the benefit of numbers, never pair off and go it
- As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to
- Never stand in, on, above, below, beside, or anywhere near a
grave, tomb, crypt, mausoleum, or other house of the dead.
- If you're searching for something which caused a noise and find
out that it's just the cat, leave the room immediately if you
value your life.
- If appliances start operating by themselves, move out.
- Do not take anything from the dead.
- If you find a town which looks deserted, it's probably for a
reason. Take the hint and stay away.
- Don't fool with recombinant DNA technology unless you're sure
you know what you are doing.
- If you're running from the monster, expect to trip or fall down
at least twice, more if you are of the female persuasion. Also
note that, despite the fact that you are running and the monster
is merely shambling along, it's still moving fast enough to
catch up with you.
- If your companions suddenly begin to exhibit uncharacteristic
behavior such as hissing, fascination for blood, glowing eyes,
increasing hairiness, and so on, get away from them as fast as
- Stay away from certain geographical locations, some of which
are listed here: Amityville, Elm Street, Transylvania, Nilbog
(God help you if you recognize this one), the Bermuda Triangle,
or any small town in Maine.
- If your car runs out of gas at night, do not go to the nearby
deserted-looking house to phone for help.
- Beware of strangers bearing tools such as chainsaws, staple
guns, hedge trimmers, electric carving knives, combines,
lawnmowers, butane torches, soldering irons, band saws, or any
device made from deceased companions.
- Listen closely to the soundtrack; and pay attention to the
audience, since they are usually far more intelligent than you
could ever hope to be.